Thursday, July 14, 2005


7.13.05 Great-Great Grandparents Posted by Picasa

Ok, I didn’t actually take this picture. But this blog is a record of (mostly) digital photographs, and digital photography can be about more than just convenience.

These are my mother’s great-grandparents. The photo she gave me was decades old, filthy, and…oh yeah – torn in half. With my relatively cheap (and under-powered computer and inferior software versions) I was able to splice it back together, clean up the largest scars and return it to the B&W glory it was created in.

And I printed it all on my $99.00 Canon Mp360. (4 by 6 and 8 by 10.)
A picture that would have soon been lost (it’s literally crumbling) is now stored on my hard-drive and in cyberspace, ready to be printed at anytime, for generations to come.

No comments: